Novel Cellular Therapies Survey
Have you treated patients in 2011 with "novel cellular therapies" (i.e., related to non-hematopoietic cell types and indications)?
If so please complete the simple survey form (pdf or excel format) and send it to Helen Baldomero by the 31st of August 2012, by E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: + 41 61 265 2735 and help have an effective impact on the scientific, clinical and regulatory aspects of cellular therapy.
Background to the survey
In 2008, 5 societies joined forces to establish a survey on "novel cellular therapies":
- the Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine Society, European Chapter (TERMIS-EU),
- the International Society of Cellular Therapy, European Section (ISCT-Europe),
- the International Cartilage Repair Society, European Section (ICRS),
- the European group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and
- the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR).
The survey is designed to establish a comprehensive, quantitative map of which specific cell types, sorted by the cell processes and delivery mode, are being used to treat patients in Europe and to distribute this information rapidly. It also integrates the original EBMT "transplant activity survey", launched in 1990 to capture the number of patients transplanted with hematopoietic stem cells in Europe.
The survey only includes the number of treated patients, without any reference to their clinical outcome, and leads to a yearly publication, which presents the data, summarizes the trends and lists in the appendix the names of the participating teams.
- Cellular & Engineered Tissue Survey Paper 2010 (accepted for publication in Tissue Engineering-A, June 2012)
- Cellular & Engineered Tissue Survey Paper 2009
- Cellular & Engineered Tissue Survey Paper 2008
If you know of any team that is performing such therapies, please forward this webpage with the details of the survey to them and encourage them to participate.
Need help to complete the form?
The guidelines for reporting data include an example to indicate what information is needed in each part of the form. Please read them carefully before completing the survey.
If you want to submit the form electronically, please save the file to your desktop and remember to save it again after completing the data fields. It will help us if you name the file NCT Survey 2011 and then add the name of your institution at the end of the file name. Attach the form to an email and send to email@example.com
Thank you for contributing to the success of this program and to a more transparent development of the field!