Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award
The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine is committed to the development and dissemination of novel therapies for the repair and replacement of diseased tissues and organs. One way to achieve this goal is to foster the careers of young investigators to encourage them to find solutions to problems in regenerative medicine. As part of this effort, the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award was first awarded at the TERMIS-NA Conference and Exposition in 2008. The award is designed to recognize outstanding achievements by members of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS) who are in the early stages of a career in regenerative medicine.
The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Young Investigator Award will be presented at the TERMIS AM between December 3-6, 2017 to two (2) individuals in the early stages of their research careers (graduate student or post-doctoral fellow). Each awardee will be invited to present their conference abstract during the TERMIS-AM meeting, will be presented with a certificate of award, and will receive a monetary award of $2,500 (U.S.).
Individuals interested in applying for this award should submit the following documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 13, 2017:
- Attached application form
- Applicant’s current CV
- A copy of one of the applicant’s TERMIS-AM 2017 abstracts
- A one-page Personal Statement describing the applicant’s career goals
- Two letters of recommendation
All eligible individuals are encouraged to apply. In order to be eligible for the award, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a student in an advanced degree program (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent) OR currently a post-doctoral fellow
- Member of TERMIS (student or regular membership)
- Actively involved in any area of regenerative medicine research
- Have or will have submitted an abstract for TERMIS-AM 2017
- Be in attendance at TERMIS-AM in Charlotte, NC, USA
- No affiliation with Wake Forest University or Wake Forest University Health Sciences
The award winner will be selected by a review panel and applicants will be informed of a decision by November 3rd, 2017.