Limitation of liability
- The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) reserves the right to change the venue or date of its conference up until spring 2017. In the event that the venue or date is changed TERMIS-EU 2017 will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants.
- The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) reserves the right to change the content or speaker of its conference at any time without notification and will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants.
- There will be no refund in the case of the scientific programme and/or social events being partially or entirely delayed or cancelled because of events outside TERMIS-EU 2017's reasonable control. The following events shall be taken to be outside TERMIS-EU 2017's reasonable control (a) Acts of nature - natural disasters (e.g. earthquake, mountain slide), (b) outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, invasion of Switzerland (c) the act of any government or relevant authority (including refusal or revocation of any license or consent), (d) fire, explosion, flood, leakage of water, extreme freezing fog, high winds or any other weather conditions which, in the opinion of TERMIS-EU 2017 renders the provision of the Service at that time impractical, (e) power failure, (f) default or delay of or change in arrangements made by suppliers, third party providers or sub-contractors, (g) theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out or industrial action of any kind, and (h) any cause or circumstances whatsoever beyond TERMIS-EU 2017's reasonable control.
- The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) does not take out insurance to cover participants (or accept responsibility) against accidents, injury or loss suffered while attending events or other risks.
- The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred of personal belongings deposited in the congress centre, or of any material submitted to the conference (e.g. abstracts). These are the responsibility of the individual participant.
- The copyright of all presentation material rests with the presenter, and TERMIS-EU 2017 may not be held responsible for any infringements as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander or any misuse of any material.
This disclaimer applies to the website of TERMIS-EU 2017 (the "Site") including all web-pages produced by the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017).
The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality or functionality of this Site. Access to the Site may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason. Moreover, the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the security and confidentiality of any internet-transmission to or from the site. Therefore, the site or any of the fax and mailing addresses should not be used to send confidential information.
Even though great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of any material and information appearing on this Site, the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to its content, accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose.
To the full extent permissible by law, the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) disclaims all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, personal injury, financial loss, damages for loss in business projects, loss of profits or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site or any material or information appearing on the Site, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such material or information.
This Site contains links to external sites. The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) is not responsible for and has no control over the content of such sites. Information available via hypertext link from the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017), is made available without responsibility on the part of the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017).
Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Site complies with all relevant laws and regulations as well as ethical and medical standards. The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) will not take responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in advertising material. Appearance on this Site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of a product or of the allegations made by the manufacturers.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright in all material published on this Site (not including abstracts) is owned by the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017). Prints or download extracts from this material are permitted for educational and research purposes or personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial use. No part of, or any material appearing on, the Site may be reproduced, stored in or transmitted on any other web-site (incl. intranet) nor is it permitted to create any derivative works based on the works contained on this Site without written permission of the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017).
The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) may collect personal data provided by users of the site (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number etc. during registration/ abstract submission) in compliance with the Swiss Act on Data Protection. Such collected data will only be used for TERMIS information and to improve the content of the site or to contact the respective persons in order to provide them with information they may be interested according to the estimation of the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017). All non-personal information sent to the site, such as suggestions, comments, ideas, are deemed to be non-confidential; The congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) is free to use such non-personal information without any obligation whatsoever towards the provider of the information.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
Any controversy with respect to the use of the site will be decided by the courts of Zurich, Switzerland. However, the congress organisation (TERMIS-EU 2017) will be free to raise claims at other jurisdictions in Switzerland and other countries.
By participating on the site, you acknowledge that you are aware of the terms as aforesaid, that you understand these terms and that you agree to be bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, you should not access or use the site. Disclaimer